Friday, November 1, 2019

Seek

Seek
So I’m going to give you a little behind the scenes first.  Tuesday night I was exhausted from work.  I basically stayed up past my normal 1:45 am bedtime because I wasn’t working on Wednesday.  I knew I needed sleep and it was about 2:45 am but I picked up a Bible that once belonged to my Paw Paw(grandpa Campbell). I started reading Psalms chapter 27.  Then Wednesday morning I woke up to my brain thinking about some verses I had read.  See when you’re a writer your brain doesn’t always shut off.  

We as humans get distracted by so much.  I want to show you two examples.  For those who may be fans like me I am not attacking these bands but showing you some lyrics to make you think.  

“You can spend all your time making money.  You can spend all your love making time.”  The Eagles sang this in their song Take it to the Limit.  “Everyone wants something, just a little more.  We’re making a living and what we’re living for.”  Bon Jovi sang  this in their song What do you got.  See my question is with all the distractions in life and the things you can pursue who are you seeking?  I’m guilty myself of falling prey to distractions.  When I read Psalm 27 David gets asked a question and it’s pertinent to all of us.  I read this saying that basically Satan will do everything in his power to keep us from reading the Bible.  Just keep us busy to the point we don’t think to do so.  You can seek a lot of things in life.  

Psalm 27:8-9
“When you said ‘Seek my face,’ my heart said to You, ‘Your face, O Lord, I shall seek.  Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; You have been my help; do not abandon me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation.”  

Don’t let life keep you from God’s word because like God asked David he wants us to seek his face.  The night that I read this I had some bad calls at work and I typed a statement that said “these calls do not define who you are”.  I left it on my notepad and I started thinking while it was slow about who I am in Christ and it changed my attitude.  God says to seek his face.  Are you doing so with prayer and Bible reading because I can’t make you it has to be your choice.  We have missiles in our military that seek heat you’re the missile what are you aimed at?  

Psalm 63:1
“O God, you are my God; I shall seek you earnestly.  My soul thirsts for you, my flesh yearns for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.”

“Seeking you as a precious jewel Lord to give up I’d be a fool you are my all in all.”  










1 comment:

  1. Great read. It really is amazing how I can find the time to watch Netflix or go to Starbucks and yet so often, when I pick up the Bible, the world gets in the way. I think the solution is to literally ask God to clear my schedule; to protect me from the distractions.

    ReplyDelete