Thursday, November 14, 2019

Your times

Your Times

I want to show you something beautiful we often need reminding of this.  First I want you to read the verses and I’m going to also share with you what the study notes in my Life Application study Bible say because you’re going to love this.  It’s easy for one thing to go wrong in your day to make you forget who’s really in control.  Saturday night at work I got  this call and I was dealing with an extremely frustrating customer.  I was trying to get roadside assistance set up for him.  A simple tow truck service he didn’t want to give me directions where he was then he wanted to fight me the entire rest of the call over the price because he was not covered for the tow.  By the time the call was over I wanted to just go in the nearby stairwell and scream in frustration because I had lost sight of who is really in control.  Some of you may be thinking it was just a phone call but I’m now working at a call center again and we are graded on a lot of things and length of time we’re on a call. The reps have a certain time to handle a call and we have to be calm professional and nice and some customers can just get on your nerves.  Then you have your emotions running high and have to take another call right after so it can feel like your whole day got ruined.  

Psalm 31:14-15 
“But as for me, I trust in you, O Lord, I say, “You are my God.”
My times are in your hand;
Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.” 

I want you to read that third sentence again.  Where are your times?  In God’s hand!  

This is what my study Bible says about these two verses.

31:14-15 In saying “my times are in your hand.”  David was expressing his belief that all of life’s circumstances are under God’s control.  Knowing that God loves and cares for us enables us to keep steady in our faith regardless of our circumstances.  It keeps us from sinning foolishly by taking matters into our own hands or resenting God’s timetable.
 
You don’t have to be in control because your times are in God’s hand.  

The very same God who tells us in 1 Peter 5:7 “casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”  He didn’t give you a limit on how many times you can come cast your cares on Him.  Some of you are reading the blog just for that last sentence.  If you get nothing from reading this I want this to hit you with the force of a sledgehammer on concrete.  God cares for you he wants you to trust Him and your times are in his hand! 





No comments:

Post a Comment