Thursday, November 7, 2019

Where is your hope

Where is your hope

I say often this is a blog about Hope found in God’s Word.  If asked what my favorite book of the Bible is I would have to say Psalms because although it’s a book of songs and poetry and there are different authors they take you on a journey.  The Psalms also encompass all emotions.  You may start a chapter with a problem or a complaint but in the end the writer takes you from the emotional journey back to God.  

I’ve had some low days emotionally but I’m finding hope and I’m trying to share it with you.  

Psalm 27:13-14
“I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord.”  

If you’re still in the land of the living there’s still hope to be found in God.  He gave you life and breath and your story isn’t over.  In the words of Rocky Balboa “I didn’t hear no bell ring.”  The fight’s not over!  Get up!

Psalm 28:6-9
“Blessed be the Lord, because he has heard the voice of my supplication.  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.  The Lord is their strength, and he is a saving defense to his anointed.  Save your people and bless your inheritance be their shepherd also, and carry them forever.”

Did you catch that?  You’re not expendable.  You’re not just a warm body doing a job taking up space.  God hears you and he’s defending you and he armed you for battle.  








No comments:

Post a Comment