Saturday, October 26, 2019

Teach me your paths

Teach me your paths

I’ve had a rather rough week and it’s only Wednesday.  Since I started working at a call center again I’ve very much questioned why I’m there.  It’s not the kind of work I want to do.  Sunday we got thrust on the phone we were getting calls we hadn’t been properly trained for they finally changed that but by then two people had quit.  Monday my car battery died and I had to call roadside assistance.  My wife and I have both had colds I almost wanted to call in sick on working on this blog.  When things aren’t making a lot of sense that’s when you need to to turn to God’s word.  I don’t understand where things are going but I started reading in Exodus about God providing food for the people of Israel then I turned to Psalms and found a reminder for all of us.  Maybe you’ve had a rough start to your week or even month.  I think Psalm 25 can help you too.  

Psalm 25:1-11
“To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, in you I trust.  
Do not let me be ashamed;
Do not let my enemies exult over me.  
Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed; 
Those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed.  
Make me know Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.  
Lead me in Your truth and teach me, 
For You are the God of my Salvation; 
For You I wait all the day.
Remember, O Lord, Your compassion and Your lovingkindnesses,
For they have been from of old.  
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions; 
According to Your Lovingkindness remember me.
For Your goodness sake, O Lord.  
Good and upright is the Lord; 
Therefore He instructs sinners in the way.  
He leads the humble in justice; 
And He teaches the humble his way. All the paths of the Lord are lovingkindness and truth
To those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.  
For Your name’s sake, O Lord, 
Pardon my iniquity, for it is great.”

See my week has been rough I don’t know why God has me where I’m at. Maybe I had to learn about working for roadside assistance by calling it myself to give me the right attitude.  I simply don’t know.  But I’m in a class full of trainees and when some of them learned I was a former guard they wanted me walking them to the cars at night.  I’m still seeking God to teach me his ways and keep me on his paths.  I don’t have even 99 of the hundred answers but I am trying to keep my eyes on God and that’s what we all need to do.  








1 comment:

  1. "For Your goodness sake, O Lord." I love that. So often we say "For goodness sake." However, the addition of the word "Your" changes everything. It really is all about God. Every struggle, every victory, everytime you walk someone to their car and make them feel safe. All is for God. I like how the Germans say it: Alles zu Gott. "All to God." It is all for His glory.

    ReplyDelete