Thursday, October 10, 2019

The Why

The Why

Andy Rooney used to often ask the question.  “Do you ever wonder?” Often you see me say in the blog that this is a blog about Hope.  But I want you to understand The Why behind it all.  See at Real Life we have a literal plethora of life groups or small groups for Bible study.  I can’t explain why each person has signed up to lead them.  But I can share my heart personally.  I’ve gone through stress, I’ve felt alone, my wife and I have struggled through some stuff and sometimes you need someone to point you back to God.  Whether you are new reader or old I pray for you that God would draw you closer to himself and change you.  There’s something in these verses I’m about to share that I also want you to pay attention to.  See a lot of you signed up for a weekly Bible study blog and I don’t know what you were expecting when you did.  But God brought you to this blog somehow and I don’t understand it all because it’s something only he gets the credit for. I’m hoping and praying that you become more mature in Christ as you read this whenever you do.  I couldn’t make anyone read it and I don’t want to.  But I pray you draw closer to God and see his Word brings hope.  

Colossians 1:25-29
“I have become its minister according to God’s administration that was given to me for you, to make God’s message fully known, the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to His saints.  God wanted to make known to those among the Gentiles the glorious wealth of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.  We proclaim Him, warning and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone mature in Christ, I labor for this, striving with his strength that works powerfully in me.”

See this blog is not about me.  I want to be the least important part.  The reader drawing closer to God and maturing in Christ should always be the goal.  The glory should always go to God alone.  If you need hope it is found in God’s Word that’s where true hope for your life and any situation can be found.  God has called me to encourage and that’s my why because I know what it’s like to look for hope.  If I don’t point my reader back to the cross with any advice verbal or written I have done them a great disservice.  I don’t know all of you the readers personally but I would like to one day in Heaven present you as being mature in Christ.  








No comments:

Post a Comment