Sunday, June 23, 2019

Let not lettuce

  Let not lettuce

Those who know me well know I hate lettuce.  But we’re not having a blog to talk about that.  We’re going to talk about letting something else rule.  Our thoughts can run amok if we let them.  So we don’t need to let them dwell on lettuce or things will go bad.  

The more I read the book of Colossians the more I find awesome stuff in it.  Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians are pretty much the Christians marching orders and practical guides to life in my opinion.  

Colossians 3:12-17

“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.  And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

See it’s practical Christianity.  We are told what to be doing and where are minds and hearts should be.  Not on lettuce but on but on the peace of God.  

Rich Mullins summed up the thought problems well.  

“The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the Giver of all good things.”  We want God’s thoughts not our own.

The passage in Colossians talked about letting the peace of God rule in our hearts and I will admit Thursday I struggled a lot with that.  See I get stressed out easily when things are beyond my control.  I had to pray and realize that I don’t need to be in control of the actions of those on my job site I need to rest in the knowledge that God is still in control no matter what and let his peace rule in my heart.  It has not been an easy lesson let me tell you.  I kept coming back to the song Come to me by Geoff Moore and the Distance.  A song about coming to God with our problems when we're weary and overwhelmed



Praise the Lord by the Imperials. I heard an interview by the artist’s about this song.  It’s an in between song.  Between the battles raging in your life you keep your eyes fixed on God and praise him.  




No comments:

Post a Comment