Thursday, February 28, 2019

Seek Wisdom

Seek wisdom 

People go to college to get degrees.  Even this “At Acme Looniversity we get our Toon Degree”.  We want to be smarter and learn things.  But for some reason the world rejects and opposes seeking wisdom in God’s Word.  There is so much to be gained from the Bible that it shows stupidity to not read it.  I want you to look at something Solomon the wisest man to ever live wrote to his son.  

Proverbs 2:1-8
“My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding and if you look for it as silver and search for it as hidden treasure then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.  For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.  He holds victory in store for the upright he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.”   

You have to ask yourself “What exactly are you pursuing.”  Are you seeking God’s wisdom or man’s because you have a choice.  Like the famous scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade you have to choose wisely.  

Psalm 63:1 
“O God, you are my God earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.”  








No comments:

Post a Comment