Thursday, February 21, 2019

Compassion



Compassion 

Years ago there was a sermon series at Real Life and Micah preached on life verses.  Simply verses in the Bible that shape us as a person.  If you’ve ever seen this blog via email from me you have seen my life verses posted but have you ever looked them up. See I want to present to you those verses and show you some pretty awesome ones in relation to them. I titled this compassion because I want you to consider the Compassion of God.  

Psalm 18:21 “He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.”

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

These are my life verses.  I could never in any way shape or form earn God’s love.  I am humbled that he would in any way delight in me.  

There’s a song by Sandi Patty called In Heaven’s Eyes and one line in it just sums things up in regards to the crucifixion and Jesus sacrifice to redeem us.  

“And looking up we’ll see compassion’s fire ablaze in Heaven’s Eyes.”

I was reading my Bible and I found something that will humble you and at the same time give you much to be thankful for.  The whole chapter of Psalm 145 is amazing but this caught my attention.  

Psalm 145:8-13

“The Lord is gracious and compassionate slow to anger and rich in love.  The Lord is good to all, he has compassion on all he has made.  All you have made will praise you, O Lord; your saints will extol you.  They will tell of your kingdom and speak of your might, so that all men may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.  Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations.”  

Psalm 147:10-11 you’re going to love this one.  “His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse nor his delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.”  

I’m going to be the first to probably quote from Pastor Micah Davidson’s new book just released this past week called Sticks and Stones because I’m giving you a whole blog here about good news but he explains why we need it very well.  
“But the Gospel is not only for saving people.  We need Gospel everyday!  We all need good news every day!  We are designed to run on the love of God and the Good News about him.  And we are designed to run on and focus on the good things that God is doing in us and around us.  But there is a choice, we must choose that our lives be about Gospel; how we smile, how we share, what we say- Gospel.”

We need to remember the compassion of God 1. Because we need it and 2.  Because others need it and 3. We are told to live it and share it.  













No comments:

Post a Comment