Sunday, November 18, 2018

Spiritual vitamins

Spiritual vitamins 

  Had a friend Chris, once describe the blog as being a weekly dose of spiritual vitamins and I want to give you a few for your week.  I want to show you some things God does for his people.  

Psalm 68:5-6 “Father to the fatherless, defender of widows— this is God, whose dwelling is holy.  God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy.”  

I want you to think on that for a bit. Father to the fatherless.  God can show you love that your earthly father may not have shown you.  He puts the lonely in families see when you become involved at your local church people begin to pray for you and care for you.  If you give me half a minute I can come up with about five people who would pray for Marion and I if I simply ask.  A prisoner can still be in jail but can be set free by God’s love.  Don’t believe me think about your sinful state before becoming a Christian because you were in a prison of sin with no hope.  

Do you want to draw closer to God here’s some help with that.  

Psalm 69:32-33 “The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God’s help be encouraged.  For the Lord hears the cry of the needy; he does not despise his imprisoned people.  

There’s your hope God hears you and cares.  







1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a Christian movie I saw a few years back that featured a woman who was dying of Alzheimer's disease and her son would visit her. While visiting her son would chastise her for her faith. One day she came to and told him that by his sin he was effectively sitting in a jail cell but the door was open. However, the time was coming that he would die and the door to the cell would slam shut for eternity.

    Jesus is the Door (John 10:9-16). He is our only way out of the cell we put ourselves in with our sinful nature. All we need to do is use that door!

    ReplyDelete