Sunday, November 25, 2018

Closer

Closer 

  If some of you have ever read my introduction to the email portion of the blog you know that this originally all started out as a Bible study at Denny’s at midnight with me and two other people.  Then it came down to just Marion and I.  The online part has been going on for 6 years now.  There’s been a goal and a prayer of mine that God will use it to draw the reader closer to himself and that what I share will be about glorifying God.  I’ve had some say that was too serious.  I’ve even had people ask to be removed from the blog.   Never been given a reason why.  Not always easy to deal with when it happens.  It is designed for the busy person and I don’t know who all even bothers to read it.  I simply know we’re on a journey and God is at work.  I know his word does not go forth without accomplishing his purpose.  I pray for the readers.  I simply share what God brings me to and trust him to do the rest.  

I was reminded this week while reading Peace: Five Minutes with Jesus by Shelia Walsh that the times when you don’t think you need to read the Bible is exactly the time you do.  It’s easy to get caught up in things and not do so.  That’s a warning sign.  Like DC Talk said “Warning signs are like flares in the night.”  See in good or bad times God wants us to be in his word he wants to talk to us and draw us closer.  Paul said it best.  

Colossians 1:9-14
“So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you.  We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding.  Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every good kind of fruit.  All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.  We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need.  May you be filled with joy always thanking the Father.  He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people who live in the light.  For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.”  

God wants his best for you.  Paul wanted God’s best for his churches and I want the best for those reading the blog.  To be closer to God is the best thing for any of us.  

Numbers 6:24-26  "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make his face shine on you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up his countenance on you, and give you peace."










No comments:

Post a Comment