Sunday, April 8, 2018

Recount

At churches we talk often of what God has done.  Do you ever stop and and ask why.  I mean we have hymns like "I love to tell the old old story" and "Sing the wondrous love of Jesus."  We remember Easter and Christmas and we retell passages from the Bible and pastors and teachers recount things of God.  Psalm 111 actually tells us to remember and ponder these things and gives us reasons why.  

1-4
"Praise the Lord!  I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people.  How amazing are the deeds of the Lord!  All who delight in him should ponder them.  Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty.  His righteousness never fails.  He causes us to remember his wonderful works.  How gracious and merciful is our Lord."  

See pondering and remembering what God has done causes us to praise him and brings glory to his name.  It also encourages others and helps them draw closer to God.

Kim Hill is a Christian musician and she has this song that is called the "Nothing but the blood medley" and the first part of it fits here with what Psalm 111 says.  

"I want to proclaim your righteousness in the assembly 
I want to speak of your faithfulness to me
I want to proclaim and tell of all you've done for me
Reflect your glory."

Also this is a blog based on hope.  Little known fact but when you praise God, your focus shifts from your problems to him and he's bigger than your boogeyman.  

The old Christian music group the Imperials said it well.

"Praise the Lord
He can work through those that praise him
Praise the Lord 
For our God inhabits praise
Praise the Lord
For the chains that seem to bind you
Serve only to remind you
They drop powerless behind you when you 
Praise the Lord."  


Psalm 115:1 "Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name goes all the glory for your unfailing love and faithfulness."  





















No comments:

Post a Comment