Sunday, April 22, 2018

Beauty in the commands

Beauty in the commands.

You hear a lot of people complaining about the do's and don't's people think of with God's commands but he put them in place to better our lives not ruin them.  Psalm 119 is a celebration of them.  Verses 89-96 are amazing because it displays things God has done for the author and us as well and deals with the preservation of God's word.  

"Your eternal word, O Lord, stands firm in heaven.  Your faithfulness extends to every generation as enduring as the earth you created.  Your regulations remain true to this day, for everything serves your plans.  If your instructions hadn't sustained me with joy, I would have died in my misery.  I will never forget your commandments, for by them you give me life.  I am yours; rescue me!  For I have worked hard at obeying your commandments.  Though the wicked hide along the way to kill me, I will quietly keep my mind on your laws.  Even perfection has it's limits, but your commands have no limits."

We need to seek out God's commands for our lives.  I did a blog a few years back referring to a device in fiction called a Wayfinder's stone.  It was a stone one affixed to their shoe to light up and show you the right path.  God's word shows us the right way to go.  Verse 105 of Psalm 119 says this.  "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."  

See we have paths to choose in life whether to follow God or not.  That always brings us to a crossroads.  Some have seen this before but others haven't see there's an image that comes to mind for me when I think of Crossroads.  





Jeremiah 6:16 "Stop at the crossroads and look around.  Ask for the old, godly way and walk in it.  Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.  But you reply 'No, that's not the road we want!'"  


Choose carefully!



























No comments:

Post a Comment