Sunday, April 1, 2018

Future generations

Future generations 

There's a saying in the comic book world that Batman can beat anyone because he has plans upon plans.  Fictional character I know but God has more plans than anyone even considers.  If you study Genesis and Exodus, God always talks about the future generations of the people of Israel.  For five years I have been doing this online bible study blog and I have clung to these verses.  I'm just a feeble messenger who goofs up more than I get things right.  One thing I desire is to be the least important part of the blog because Zac's words don't matter God's word does.  Isaiah 55:8-10 says this.  "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," Says the Lord.  "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.  For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.  The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth.  They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.  It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and everywhere I send it."

I've said it before I don't know who all reads this blog and who doesn't but I know God uses his word to teach others and I know he has prepared it for my generation and those after me.  How do I know this 
Psalms 102:18-22

"Let this be recorded for future generations, so that a people not yet born will praise the Lord.  Tell them the Lord looked down from his heavenly sanctuary.  He looked down to earth from heaven to hear the groans of the prisoners, to release those condemned to die.  And so the Lord's fame will be celebrated in Zion, his praises in Jerusalem, when multitudes gather together and kingdoms come together to worship the Lord."  

Before Adam and Eve were created God had plans in place.  Before the cross was considered a death penalty he had a plan in place.  Bibles have been printed and translated and when we start reading them and God starts working in hearts that was already in the plan.    You reading this blog well that was in the plan.  Well Zac how can you claim that?  See before I ever considered any type of bible study involving people working nights God had people in place to encourage me, before it went online same thing happened.  Before all that God placed me in a family where my dad would become a pastor and train me as best he could.  But you see God promised his word would last forever.  
1 Peter 1:24-25 "People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field.  The grass withers and the flower fades.  But the word of the Lord remains forever.". See even when I'm gone God's word will remain and he will still be working on people's hearts.  It's a plan within a lot of amazing plans.  God's plan at the cross is still in effect.  God is non-linear he can see through time and make plans that effect those of us on earth.  if you don't believe he has plans for you spend some time reading Psalms 139.  Specifically I would like to bring your attention to verse 16.  "You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."  He sees you and plans are in place.  




No comments:

Post a Comment