Sunday, April 29, 2018

Constant One

Constant One

This blog deals in Hope.  I have a friend named Clyde who calls himself the Hope Giver.  I have mentioned before that I who have prayed for hope so many times am still blown away that God can find a way to use me to share hope with others.  As much as we as Christians desire hope we are to show unbelievers the Hope we have in Christ.   I am so thankful for God's word and his promises of hope.  See this blog has been Ephesians 3:20 come to life.  "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."    Pastor Micah has a term that he used a few years back in a sermon called "leveraging technology."  Here we are reading passages of scripture and listening to Christian music online and God uses that to reach people.  I've had people lately who read the blog tell me how much they appreciate it.  I show up and pray and post what God shows me to do.  I've said it so many times I want to be the least important part.  That all being said God has done more than I could ever imagine when I started this blog journey.  I still am shocked when people tell me they read it.  

Someone this week needs to be reminded that God never sleeps or slumbers and the many other promises in this powerful short chapter.  Just 8 verses filled to bursting with hope.  

Psalm 121

"I look up to the mountains-- does my help come from there?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!  He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber.  Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps.  The Lord himself watches over you!  The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.  The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night.  The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.  The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever."

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe."  
















I don't normally explain a song I put on here but I was thinking of the aspects of God being our protector and the next few songs seem to fit so well in regards to God protecting his children.  I wasn't originally going to put these here but I heard the D&K song on the way home from church and I normally relate it to fighting to protect my wife but today it just reminded me of God fighting battles for his people.  









No comments:

Post a Comment