Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Pass Down

I worked doing customer service for 13 years at First Data and on each call we had to leave comments and notes about the call.  The purpose was for the next representative who took a call to know what you and that caller talked about and how you resolved their issue.  Now as a security guard we have three ways of getting information to the next guard relieving us.  We have verbal communication, a pass down log and our security reports.  In 1 Corinthians 15: 1-11 Paul gives us a pass down sheet of info about our faith.  It's not to be ignored either so wake up and have a read through.   Like people say these days "Well What had happened was........."  


1Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters,a of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. 2It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place.b
3I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. 4He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. 5He was seen by Peterc and then by the Twelve. 6After that, he was seen by more than 500 of his followersd at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died. 7Then he was seen by James and later by all the apostles. 8Last of all, as though I had been born at the wrong time, I also saw him. 9For I am the least of all the apostles. In fact, I’m not even worthy to be called an apostle after the way I persecuted God’s church.
10But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me—and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace. 11So it makes no difference whether I preach or they preach, for we all preach the same message you have already believed.



And speaking of Chicken fried steak......... My dad has asked before about the music I choose for these things so here's a little inside detail on that.  I try to find something where the lyrics have to do with the passage.  Some may have noticed I post a lot of stuff by Petra.  I watched an interview with the band a few years ago when they released the DVD concert of Back to the Rock and the original lead singer Greg X Volz was asked "why do so many of your songs sound like Bible studies?"  "Why because they are."  their lead guitarist Bob Hartman has written most of their songs.  in college the band started over Bible studies in their college dorm rooms.  The songs were often born from those studies.  That's part of why I share a lot of Petra songs.    I just sometimes like to add little tidbits to all this.  


No comments:

Post a Comment