Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Skim Milk Danger

It's often easy when reading the Bible or at least it has been for me to quickly skim the words of greeting or closings of books written by Paul.  I was doing this earlier and it's my own fault because a lot of the names he mentions don't connect much for me.  It's almost like you see something on Facebook that doesn't pertain to you.  What I did wasn't a good thing.  Well I make it a point to keep this blog about hope and encouragement.  So sandwiched in all these greetings well boom there were these verses.  1 Corinthians 16:13-14  "Be on guard.  Stand firm in the faith.  Be courageous.  Be strong.  And do everything with love."  The Christian life is a war zone for our thoughts and actions.  We need to be reminded at times to not be complacent and be alert.  If you want a good further example of being strong and courageous and God being with you read the book of Joshua it's the stuff that action movies should be made from.  "This is my command--Be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

















No comments:

Post a Comment