Tuesday, November 15, 2016

What does God say I can boast in

Jeremiah 9:23-24 This is what the Lord says: "Don't let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches.  But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things.  I the Lord have spoken!"  God doesn't leave people a lot of room whereby to be bragging.  If you think you have anything to brag about you need to check Ephesians 2:1-10.  I discovered a passage this week that to me was very beautiful to me.  Nehemiah 8:8 "They read from the law of God and clearly explained the meaning of what was being read, helping the people understand each passage."  God wants his people to know him!  It's the whole reason Jesus was sent to earth.  Matthew 1:23 "Look the virgin will conceive a child!  She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means `God is with us.'"  I urge you to draw closer to God.  Because Jesus is alive and God is with us we can boast in Him and His unfailing love.  
"O, trampled death, where is your sting?  The angels roar for Christ our King. O, praise the name of the Lord our God. O, praise his name forever more.  For endless days we will sing your praise O, Lord O, Lord our God!"  














No comments:

Post a Comment