Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Crossroads and choices



I realize a few of you may not understand the above image but it's there because when I think of the word crossroads this is the image that comes to mind for me.  

This is what the Lord says:  Stop at the Crossroads and look around.  Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.  Travel it's path, and you will find rest for your souls."  But you reply, `No that's not the road we want!'"  "How many years will a man stay blind until he learns to see?  How many doors will a man kick down while you offer him the key?"  If you go to any work place, school, or social media you will find someone who opposes God's word.  Nehemiah did.  So did Moses, Jeremiah, David and more.  We are all faced with crossroads in life.  Christians have made the choice to follow the godly way but it's something that should be done decision by decision.  Matthew 7:13-14 and 7:24-29 speak of choices at crossroads.  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world."  John 16:33 When you come to hard choices in life ask for the godly way.  It's not going to be easy but it's the right way.  When anyone tries to tell you that you're making a mistake point them kindly back to the cross and remind them of Jesus words.  "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one can come to the Father except through me."  I urge you to seek the old, godly way!!!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment