Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Moved with Compassion

"Everyone needs compassion A love that's never failing let mercy fall on me."  I've been lately reading through Esther, Ezekiel, Jeremiah finished Matthew and started Mark.  I don't always get it right but I try to read at least a chapter from each book a day.  I noticed a recurring phrase and I wanted to show it to you.  Mark 1:40-41 A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed.  "If you are willing you can heal me and make me clean,"  he said.  (Moved with compassion) Jesus reached out and touched him.  "I am willing" he said "Be healed."  Due to their uncleanliness and disease lepers were outcasts of society and here is the Son of God Moved with Compassion not only touching the untouchable but healing this man and getting close to him.    The Bible is God's love story to man.  "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners."  Romans 5:8  That right there is Compassion brought to life.  Jesus compassion cost him his life.  Thank Him for his compassion and share it with others.  If you think you have nothing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving you have a compassionate God who loved you so much he touched the untouchable sinners and lepers with the gift of his Son.  "And down through the ages again and again. It's the greatest story ever told.  Straight from the pages from beginning to end it's the greatest story ever told.  Wise men could never begin to explain the measure of grace this wonderful book holds."  


















No comments:

Post a Comment