Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Where are you turning

And now for that New blog smell.............


There is strength in the name of the Lord.
"The name of the Lord is a strong fortress the godly run to him and are safe."  Psalm 18:10
There is power in the name of the Lord
"For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:13
There is hope in the name of the Lord
"And so, Lord where do I put my hope?  My only hope is in you."  
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation."

Who do you tun to when plans fall through?  What I've down here is taken the chorus of the song In the Name of the Lord by Sandi Patty and backed the parts of it up with scripture to show God is where we should turn.  We as Christians are to share his message of peace and salvation.  See Christ came to us and our world in the name of the Lord God and in Matthew 28:18-20 he sends you and I out with his message as his ambassadors.  

Psalm 130 
1Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
2Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
3If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
Lord, who could stand?
4But with you there is forgiveness,
so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
5I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
6I wait for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
for with the Lord is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.
8He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.














No comments:

Post a Comment