Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Be Prepared

Years ago I read an amazing book at least to this comic book fan anyway called the Death and Life of Superman.  towards the end Superman was getting ready for a big fight with Mongul and he held up two guns and ammo because his powers were very weak.  He said "Be prepared boy scouts motto."  I want to introduce you to a guy named John because he knew a thing or two about preparation.  quite a few years back my dad took a speech course in Florida and my dad said "Fixing to."  The speech teacher corrected him and said "What Ed meant was preparing to."  So depending on where you're from John might have been fixing or preparing.  Matthew 3:1-3 "In those days John the Baptist came to the Judean Wilderness and began preaching.  His message was, `Repent of your sins and turn to God for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.'  The prophet Isaiah was speaking about John when he said, `He is a voice shouting in the wilderness.  Prepare the way for the Lord's coming!  Clear the road for Him!'"  If you're a Christian God has you and me in place for a reason.  Ephesians 2:10  "For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."  God created us to make a difference.  A few years ago God gave me a desire to write.  At first it was fictional stories then the Batcave blog Bible study went online.  Recently my friend David was telling me that the blog wouldn't work with someone else.  Because he said I put a lot of myself into it, my experiences, the things I read, watch but ultimately it comes back to God and his word.  For a time I had a desire to be a Christian ?Counselor for teens.  Here I am at age 40 I write online Bible studies for adults and 1 teen.  Two weeks ago Marion and I went to a worship night at Real Life and Jimmy got up and talked about needing help with more adults to work with the youth.  In high school and part of college I worked with the youth at White Creek Baptist and First Baptist Beeville I was even a counselor at Camp Zephyr.  Marion and I individually heard Jimmy ask for help and one day while driving down Staples I told her I was thinking about helping.  My wife told me she had been thinking about it too.  I don't know how we can help or what we can do but we can show up on Wednesday nights and spend time with the youth.  God knew what he was doing introducing me to Marion and if you have heard our story it was brought about by God telling two ladies to introduce us.  He knew what he was doing introducing me to Jimmy because Marion and I became part of his testimony.  God knew what he was doing giving me a desire to work with youth, and to write.  He gave me parents who raised me in the most godly manner they could.  (I'm a preacher's kid.)  He put Pastor Greg, Chris Godoy and David Hill in my life to encourage me.  God put John the Baptist in people's way to prepare the way for Jesus.  He has you in people's lives to prepare them for Him to work on their hearts.  
  "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."  Romans 8:28
  "So let's not get tired of doing what is good.  At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up.  Therefore whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone--especially to those in the family of faith."  Galatians 6:9-10  
  "Preach the word of God, be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not.  Patiently correct, rebuke and encourage your people with good teaching."  2 Timothy 4:2














No comments:

Post a Comment