Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Of dogs and prayer

This afternoon Marion and i were about to go run errands and I was in the bedroom about to put my shoes on.  our dog Mara walked to the edge of the bedroom door and stood there looking at me.  I told her "come here Mara come talk to me I always have time for you."  we visited for a bit and then she walked out of the room.  As she walked off God got my attention and reminded me of Hebrews 4:16 "So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."  See Mara and I are a lot alike.  at times I'm real timid when it comes to prayer and i approach prayer with a bit of trepidation.  I think the things I pray about are sometimes not worth troubling God.  He reminded me that like the relationship with Mara and I he's sitting there waiting on me to come and talk to Him.  










No comments:

Post a Comment