Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Behind the Scenes

So Pastor Micah Davidson often says you can't make this stuff up.  I wanted you all to know about this odd sequence of events that has been taking place since Sunday.  Ephesians 3:20 says this and I have seen this verse coming to life "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."  Sunday morning after church Marion and I sat in a meeting for life group leaders.  for those that may not go to Real Life a Life Group is a small bible study group which is basically what this blog is except it's not near small any more.  So on Sunday before the meeting starts this guy John starts asking about the group I lead and I get him all this information for it.  After the meeting Priscilla Abrego walks up and I had seen her face to face only once years ago and she tells me she's still reading it.  Then Sunday night I sent messages to David Hill and Hope Keene about what the new blog was going to be on.  No it's not typed up yet so you'll have to wait on that new blog smell.  Well Hope asked me if she could share the teaser I had sent her on her face book page.  I honestly didn't think much of it and I was being really cryptic to stir up interest.  So she shares it.  Before the night was up She had friends liking it and one person asking how to get to the blog.  So as soon as I got home from work I put a link to the page on her face book post. Then I noticed Marion's cousin Tiffany posted this status where she wanted to advertise small businesses her friends had.  So i sent her a message and told her I didn't have a business but I had a Bible study blog she could advertise if she wanted.  Tiffany daily posts scripture from her face book account.  She leverages online activity to glorify God.  During all this I got messages from Aracely Abad and Amy Leigh and my Dad commenting on two blogs.  Today is Tuesday and I received a call from Jason Rodriguez wanting to tell me how much the blog countering racism had meant to him.   We serve a God who is Active and alive and doing more than I can imagine.  Oh and we also now have a person my Dad is close friends with Tolson Wray praying for this blog.  

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs have inspired me to look deeper. I have always enjoyed your writing whatever it my be. You have a true talent and I am blessed to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete