Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Fear not

A few days ago my friend Clyde posted this picture of a fortune cookie he got.  "Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment.."  Now any pro-wrestling fan can tell you an attitude adjustment is the name of John Cena's finisher.  There's some things to be said about fear because it can cripple us from doing things we are meant to do.  In comics Daredevil is referred to as The Man Without Fear.  For a Green Lantern having that ring of power means you were chosen because you have shown the ability to overcome great fear.  The Bible says a lot about fear and God commanded Joshua over and over to "Be strong and courageous."  There was always this reason though "For the Lord your God is with you."  Let that sink in for a moment because some of you need to be reminded that our savior Jesus Christ is also Emmanuel meaning God with us.  Years ago(1996) my friend Rhonda said something that stuck with me.  "Fear knocked at the door; Faith answered and there was no one there."  Psalm 118:5-9 "In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and set me free.  The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.  What can mere people do to me?  Yes, the Lord is for me; He will help me.  I will look in triumph at those who hate me.  It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people.  It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes."  There's 3 things I hope you picked up on after reading that.  1.  God is for you!  2.  You have nothing to fear!  3.  He can be trusted!  
1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."  

Philippians 4:13 "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Romans 8:31-39 "31What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us! 32He who did not spare His own Son but gave up Him for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, freely give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34Who is there to condemn us? For Christ Jesus, who died, and more than that was raised to life, is at the right hand of God—and He is interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
“For Your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”d
37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. "
Isaiah 41:10 "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."












1 comment:

  1. I have no fear of death. More important, I don't fear life. See the link below for more info.

    #no fear
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete