Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Trust

Over the past week I've been coming back to a passage I read in Isaiah 10:20 "In that day the remnant left in Israel, the survivors of the house of Jacob, will no longer depend on allies who seek to destroy them.  But they will faithfully trust the Lord the Holy One of Israel."  The phrases that get me so strongly about this is the beginning saying "In that day" and the last sentence "But they will faithfully trust the Lord, the Holy One of Israel."  Since Genesis 3 when the first lie was introduced by Satan, trust in God has been broken and He has been trying to win it back ever since then.  When I was younger I dated a young lady who was a habitual liar.  It created a sense of distrust in my life.  Then I worked at a call center and customers lied all the time when I could see what was done with their cards.  Rich Mullins sums this up well in his song "We are not as strong as we think we are".  "Well, it took the hand of God Almighty to part the waters of the sea but it only took one little lie to separate you and me."  Satan is the Father of Lies and he doesn't want us to trust and rely on God.  But God says this.  "For I know the plans I have for you," Says the Lord,  "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."  We as people have bought into lies that if we don't have the newest product our life is over.  If we don't look a certain way we're ugly.  God wants us to trust Him and he's left us a whole book full of promises.  Oh that you and I would trust Him more.  "The God that worked in them is alive and well in us and it all comes down to a matter of trust."  Been praying this week that I would trust Him more and I hope you desire that as well.  In order to trust God we have to pay attention to the start of the word trust because it's the start of who he is.  Trust requires truth.  Jesus was both fully God and fully man.  In John 18:38 Pilate asked him "What is truth.  He had already answered that in John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No man can come to the Father except thru me."  Do you trust God?


No comments:

Post a Comment