Wednesday, June 1, 2016

kindness and a behind the scenes of the Batcave Blog

From time to time i give you all a glimpse behind the scenes of the Batcave Blog.  Doing this online lifegroup feed back doesn't happen a lot.  I welcome it but don't always get it.  Occasionally it's from my Dad or Pastor Greg.  About 3 weeks ago I posted a blog called Stop Looking Down; my sister, my wife, my dad and multiple people latched onto the post and loved it.  Marion read it before I posted it and her exact words were "I approve this bible study."  What you don't always see is the stuff that happens at my job.  the people where I work have no clue this happens but I pray often that the men and women I work with will become a people that seek after God.  a few weeks ago I was almost made to work a double.  My friend Phillip got called and at first he was going to say no and he changed his mind and came in to relieve me.  He told me i was a really nice guy and I didn't deserve to work a whole extra shift after working for 13 hrs.  a few weeks before this he and i had been talking about this co-worker of ours that has treated me bad since day one.  he said "I just don't get your personality when someone disrespects me i can be a real _____ but you continue to be nice to ______."  I looked back later at what He said and I realized that was God at work in me because it's so easy to be rude right back to someone.  Two Sundays ago I got to visit with Chris Godoy and like I said feedback on the blog is rare.  What he said was extremely encouraging to me.  "I still get your emails and read them all the time.  They are exactly what I need to hear and so timely and deal with things I'm facing."  Chris used to be on the media team with me at Real Life and He was one of the 3 people who was instrumental in getting me to even start a life group.  He's before described the blog as a "weekly shot of spiritual vitamins".     

I'm also going to share with you part of an E-mail I sent to Pastors Greg and Micah.  

Greg a few weeks ago Micah was preaching on kindness and I was telling Marion after church I felt like God was telling me that we needed to do something for these two waitresses who always take really good care of us at Denny's and Texas Flame.  So we talked for a while and finally decided to go to HEB and get Amazon cards.  We have a friend Brandy who works nights at Denny's on Everhart and a few days before this was Mother's Day and also her birthday.  Since I started my life group when we were meeting at Denny's at midnight Brandy and I have been friends she was even working the night I asked Marion to be my girlfriend.  So after I got off work one night we took the cards to her.  She was so happy!  
Then this past Sunday we finally after two weeks of trying we caught up with Madison our friend at Texas Flame on a Saturday.  After our meal we gave her two Amazon gift cards and she nearly started crying.  Here's where it gets funny.  I didn't have a Real Life invite card to leave her so I left a pen.  Today we go back to eat and when she brought us the credit card receipt to sign she handed it to us with the Real Life pen.  Marion and I just started laughing.  
Sometimes God calls you to do little things that mean so much to others.  
Zac 

what follows is my responses from them.

That is so awesome Zac! Thanks so much for sharing and for being kind and showing the light of Christ!
In His Name,
Greg Blankenship

Love it!
Little things are a big deal!
Whatever it takes
Micah Davidson

remember people 

Inline image 1   

No comments:

Post a Comment