Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Love of an eternity

 Something that saddens me is seeing people I care about getting divorced and I'm seeing a lot of it recently.  At this blog I'm all about hope.  Love is not meant to be something you fall in and out of.  That's a feeling.  It's like equating love yo I don't know acid reflux.  Love is a verb that requires action and a choice.  My wife and I may fight and argue but we still choose to love one another.  In there 80's there was a song called Love of a Lifetime by Firehouse and the chorus said this.  "I finally found the love of a lifetime.  A love to last my whole life through.  I finally found the love of a lifetime.  Forever in my heart, I finally found the love of a lifetime."  But really a lifetime is not near long enough.  How about a love for now and eternity?  See that's the love we're actually looking for.  Well where do I find that you ask?  Good that means you're still paying attention.  I know it's familiar but we need the reminder.  "For God so loved the world so much that He gave his one and only son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."  See the love of an eternity is found in Jesus death burial and him rising again.  no other way to heaven!  "We are the reason that he gave his life.  We were the reason that he suffered and died.  To a world that was lost he gave all he could give to show us the reason to live."  Romans 5:8 makes this extremely clear.  "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners ."  See we as Christians have a love to be thankful for.  A few years ago musician Jewel said this one phrase that to this day is so profound.  "We are loved beyond our ability to comprehend."  when you consider God's love its staggering.  the Bible is a love story the greatest one ever told of God pursuing people.  Psalm 92:1-3  "It is good to give thanks to the Lord to sing praises to the Most High.  It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening.  Accompanied by the ten- stringed harp and the melody of the lyre."  See the love people offer has strings attatched and is almost condition based.  Geoff Moore calls it the "I love you if.  if you perform if you do what I ask."  God's love is unconditional and undeserved.  Here's more sections of scripture full of promise and reasons to rejoice and find hope in God's love.  Romans 8:31-39, Psalm 139, 1 Corinthians 13








 




















No comments:

Post a Comment