Saturday, March 5, 2016

Non linear God

There's a phrase I've been considering a lot this week.  See as humans and especially in English classes we talk a lot about time and past tense, present tense, perfect and future tense.  Deuteronomy 31:8 "Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you.  He will be with you; he will neither fail you or abandon you."  Did you catch that phrase "go ahead of you."?  As humans that's a lot to grasp because we worry.  Follow the phrase to it's thought conclusion.  God has already seen tomorrow all of it.  He's seen all of time.  If you're having a bad time consider this God is not linear he's seen it all.  If you are his child He's already gone before you personally.  To the people of Israel God manifested himself as a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.  The cloud by day led them and went before them.  God is with his people ahead of them behind them and around them.  1 Samuel 17:45-47 Look at David's assurance in God going before him and shaping the battlefield against Goliath.  "You came to me with sword, spear and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven's armies-- the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.  Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head.  And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel!  And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear.  This is the Lord's battle, and he will give you to us."  Later David penned this about God in Psalms 139:7-12.  "I can never escape from your spirit!  I can never get get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me and your strength will support me.  I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night-- but even in the darkness I cannot hide from you.  To you the night shines as bright as day.  Darkness and light are the same to you.  In Luke 8:43-48 Jesus heals a woman who simply touched his garment and then asked "Who touched me?"  I've heard it badly taught that he didn't know.  The first chapter of John and many other passages prove that Jesus was fully God and fully man.  He knew and to say otherwise is to deny the sovereignty of God.  God knows all, sees all and is all powerful.  Whatever you're dealing with he's seen it from beginning to end and he wants you to know this.  Isaiah 41:10 "Don't be afraid, for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."  

normally at the end of these studies I post music and I'll get to that but this week you're getting a first. See Wednesday I wrote most of this i finished it on Thursday and then re read it Friday.   Friday afternoon I was working all alone and I kept staring at the water.  I kept feeling like I wanted to write a poem and the first line was all I had in my head.  I locked gate 2 and went and sat on a rock with my notebook and a pen and what you are about to read is the result.  



Proclaim


Yellow and orange blaze descends
Waves roll in
Boats traverse
Sometimes massive
Gulls from the sea
Squawk at me
As night falls
My feelings of importance
Depart like the jumping fish
The wind swirls
There is beauty here
Grass quivers
It grows cooler
Buoys remain stable
My words grow feeble
On the rock I sit
Nothing is out of place
All is as God has decreed
As they squawk these birds
They don’t fear or worry
For a thing
Why should I
Beauty all around
God is showing me
He who made the beauty today
He holds all
The trees continue to wiggle
Each thing here points
It even declares
The glory and majesty
Of the Creator of all
Cranes, barges, boats
Mere behemoths
They pale
Insignificant
All around me
Calls
Give glory to God 












No comments:

Post a Comment