Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Summons

As a writer things come to me in very weird ways.  Mentally I was working on a bible study while walking on my second patrol of the night.  It was about 3:58 am and I'm walking with a flashlight and a hard hat on when suddenly I realized I wasn't on the path anymore at all.  I'm walking through dirt, mud and grass and here's the irony of it all.  I had been singing Thy Word by Amy Grant which is taken from Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."  You and I we're all on paths.  I want to take you back to 1986 when one of the greatest movies ever was shown.  In Transformers the Animated Movie Unicron uttered these words to Megatron.  "I have summoned you here for a purpose."  The Decepticon leader Megatron had his life completely altered from then on.  I don't know what path you're on.  Maybe like me you just stepped in the mud and went off the trail.  Somehow you ended up at this bible study blog.  Maybe it was a search engine, direct e-mail from me, someone shared it, or you found the link on face book.  You were summoned here.  Oh maybe you'll complain like Megatron that no one summons you but at this here blog Hope is shared so this is just for you.  Romans 5:6-8 "When we were utterly hopeless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.  Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good.  But God showed his great love for us while we were still sinners."  The reason you are reading this is to be reminded YOU ARE LOVED!!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment