Monday, February 2, 2015

Behind the scenes of the Batcave Blog

Doing and online bible study I don't often see things like other life group leaders do.  I have attempted to see things through a certain perspective since starting this.  If only one person who reads the blog is brought closer to God then that's all that matters.  I always strive to make God and his word the most important part of my studies and posting.  This past week I did a blog called "Let Hope Rise".  The things I'm going to tell you about are all God at work I don't want credit for any of it because I don't need God's glory only He does.  My job is to be available and faithful.  Isaiah 55:11 says this about God's word.  "So is my word that goes out from my mouth; it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."  Anytime God's word is preached or taught God uses it to change lives.  These are things that happened after I posted "Let Hope Rise".  The very morning after I posted it I got an e-mail from Greg Blankenship the campus pastor at Real Life Corpus and he thanked me.  About 3 days later Marion's cousin Debbi Page posted online that she was very depressed.  I sent her a message and shared the blog with her.  Hours later that day she posted a thank you to me and various friend who had helped her with her depression.  One night later I came home from work and my friend Yvette Vasqz told me she had a predicament so again I shared the blog.  Then Friday night I was on break at work and my phone showed messages on my g-mail account.  The only thing that account ever gets is ads.  John Hernandez had been reading that and 2 other things I posted.  Only God can do this he started commenting on the blog and relaying how the things I had been posting were exactly what God had been trying to teach him and he needed to read it.  A few weeks before I had done a blog on answered prayer in mine and Marion's life and spoke on Casting your cares on God because he cares for you.  Well the Sunday after I posted that we went to my parents church at Lakeview Baptist Church and I was telling my parents and Marion later I felt like my dad had been preaching my own bible study right back at me.  
Through all this i was reminded of one of the main principles of Experiencing God.  "God is always at work around you."

I'm going to leave you with a song about God's love that has been lodged in my heart and head all week.  oh and there will be a blog sent later this evening this one is just a freebie.  

This is Arms Wide Open by Misty Edwards and if you've never heard the song or paid attention to the lyrics i encourage you to do so.  Misty Edwards: Arms wide open (with lyrics)     


1 comment:

  1. Zach you are exactly right, God is at work all around us. I have taken the time each day to really try and look for the things that God is doing around me. I have also tried to slow down and listen with my heart for the work God is doing around me. I have noticed that the more I pray, read God's word, research and study God's word, I am living by God's word. I find myself asking myself, "What would Jesus do if he was in my situation". Each time I answer this question I realize that my faith is growing stronger and I am able to put my problems in God's hands. Since I have started to do this I can tell you my level of stress has gone down and my patients has gone beyond what I could have ever imagined. I know God see's what we are all going through in life. I pray each night that God will help us all come to him with our problems. Thanks for the shout out in your blog today Zach.

    ReplyDelete