Monday, February 9, 2015

Proverbs 3:21-27

Before i start typing up this study i wanted to give you a little behind the scenes about part of this.  Thursday I came home from work early and started working on this.  I got it all written out.  i do actually write this all out by hand and type it up later not sure if anyone other than my parents and my wife knew that.  I had it all written out and I was having the hardest time with finding the music for it.  As i tried to explain to my dad one time i try very hard to match the verses with the themes of the songs i add there's reasons behind all this and thought.  So i started asking on Facebook to see if any of my friends could help.  no one responded.  So i asked my Dad who is a pastor "Do you know any songs that deal with seeking God's wisdom."  He normally has his pianist match the songs with the sermon as much as possible.  I got off work Sunday morning and this is something only God can make happen.  I was in bed by 6:45 am.  I get off work at 4:30 am so i sleep differently than most people.  about 8:30 I woke up because i kept having a recurring dream i was about to be sick at my stomach.  God is referred to in the bible as speaking in dreams and visions and i truly believe God was getting my attention to take some medicine before it was too late.  i got to feeling better and was able to sleep.  Later that night Marion and i were sitting there after the evening service at Real Life.  I told Marion i wanted to talk to Brandon the lead singer to see if he could help me with music.  Again only God can do these things.  She said "Well there's Will you can ask him where Brandon is."  I walked up and talked to Will (sometimes lead guitarist) and somehow began telling him what i was looking for musically he referred me to David Trevino(bass guitarist and box player).  David told me to e-mail him and remind him and he would have something for me by the following afternoon.  David got back to me and it seems to contain all elements of this study.  


   In these verses Solomon gives us some of the benefits of wisdom.  There's also confidence here found in God.

21.  "My son let them not vanish from your sight; keep sound wisdom and discretion.  There's a lot of people these days that don't exhibit sound wisdom and discretion.  Both of these things can be found in God.  I saw this interview with Steve Harvey and a woman told him she was dating a man and his first question to her was.  "Does he have a relationship with God?"  When the lady sai he was an atheist he said to leave the man because he has no moral compass.  It sounds harsh but where a person is with God should be the most important factor.  Without God you have nothing guiding your thoughts and actions.  
22.  Solomon goes on to say this about wisdom and discretion.  "So they will be life to your soul and adornment to your neck."  
23-26.  These next few verses about confidence in God are so awesome.  "Then you will walk in your way securely and your feet will not stumble.  When you lie down, you will not be afraid. When you lie down, your sleep will be sound.  Do not be afraid of sudden fear.  Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your feet from being caught."  check also Psalms 91
27.  The superhero fan in me loves this verse.  "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it."  When I was at Coastal Bend College i had a Christian teacher  named Yolanda Silvas.  At one point i took my bible to her and asked her to sign it.  She did and left 2 verses that fit well with this last verse.  Galatians 6:9-10 "Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.  So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people and especially to those who are of the house of faith."  

This is the song David found for me.  God I look to you by Jenn Johnson God I Look to You - Jenn Johnson (lyrics) (Bethel Church) (Best Worship Song with tears 17)



Here's the two songs I had come up with 

Counsel of the Holy by Petra PETRA - Counsel Of The Holy (HQ Music Video)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment