Monday, February 23, 2015

Wisdom cries out Proverbs 8:1-11

I would like to start this e-mail off with 2 things.  I don't often do this but I'm bringing a prayer request to you.  Things have happened at my job lately that have been stressing me and my co-workers out to no end.  please pray for those in charge and us who are under them.  also i would like to say a warm welcome to a person who joined the Batcave blog Mrs. Priscilla.  Welcome aboard.  ok now on to the normal stuff.

About 2 weeks ago I posted a blog and one of the songs with it was called Counsel of the Holy by Petra.  I found a line from the song coming back to me as I read the above mentioned verses.  See the lead guitarist Bob Hartman is the writer of 90% of their songs and he explains that the reason most of the bands songs sound like a bible study is because they are.  He didn't write this one though i did discover that.  The line is this:  "Counsel of the Holy the written word of God wisdom cries for all to read."  watch the next few verses as wisdom cries out.  

1.  "Listen as wisdom calls out!  Hear as understanding raises her voice!"  You can almost mentally see a woman trying to get your attention.  
2.  "On the hilltop along the road, she takes her stand at the crossroads."  There's 2 examples of crossroads that came to my mind upon further reading of this.  I read an Incredible Hulk comic once where Bruce Banner came to a sign with arrows pointing in all different directions and different paths he could take.  also I have seen 4 way stops where the first to stop has the right of way but in this case Wisdom stands smack dab in the middle doing her very best to get you to pay attention and heed her call.  
3.  "By the gates at the entrance to the town, on the road leading in, she cries aloud."  Wisdom is there making sure to be in your field of vision.  
4.  "I call to you, to all of you!  I raise my voice to all people."  Wisdom is not doing this to annoy you but for your benefit and to help you.  
5.  "You simple people, use good judgement.  You foolish people, show some understanding."  Don't be willfully ignorant.
6-7.  "Listen to me!  For I have important things to tell you.  Everything I say is right for I speak the truth and detest every kind of deception."  Truth and righteousness is found here.
8.  "My advice is wholesome.  There is nothing devious or crooked in it."  Wholesome is a rare commodity these days when you get it you should cherish and hold on to it.  
9.  "My words are plain to anyone with understanding, clear to those with knowledge."  People have a misconception that the bible is hard to understand its really not if you let God teach you.  
10-11.  "Choose my instructions rather than silver and knowledge rather than pure gold.  For wisdom is far more valuable than rubies.  Nothing you desire can compare with it."  I'm going to give you an example of a friend of mine who sought wisdom because he's a good example of how we should seek wisdom in God's word.  I have a friend named Payton and for a temporary time he was my supervisor.  I saw Payton sit with 3-4 different managers and just absorb information like a sponge till he knew how to be a supervisor.  
Read Luke 10:38-42 and study how Mary learned at Jesus feet.  

Speaking of learning at Jesus feet this song will remind you of that.  Stick with it till the end of the song for a beautiful rendition of Nothing but the blood.  At your feet by Casting Crowns casting crowns here at your feet


Until the Whole World Hears by Casting Crowns Casting Crowns - Until The Whole World Hears LIVE_mkv.mkv


God told us to seek wisdom and understanding more than priceless jewels More than Gold by Geoff Moore and the Distance Geoff Moore & The Distance - More than gold [Lyrics] 


More precious than silver by Lynn Deshazo More Precious Than Silver - Lynn Deshazo (Lyrics)



No comments:

Post a Comment