Monday, January 12, 2015

How I view friendship

For short periods of time i truly believes God brings people into my life to love and care for.  This does not make me better than any other person.  Friendship is truly a gift.  "We do not view friendship as a gift to be repaid"  It is freely given and if you hurt your friend that friendship is always worth  apologizing and fighting for.  I am not friends with someone for what they can do to benefit me.  I'm friends with them because they made a choice to let me share in their lives .  I may not approve of all my friends choices but i will support them for the individual they are.  I will always point my friends back to the Cross of Christ and the Word of God.  If i don't i do them a great injustice.  I am in absolute agreement with Geoff Moore and the Distance's song Life Together " they showed me what it was to really be a friend didn't matter what you had how you looked or what you said we'd ride our bikes down the middle of the street at the top of our lungs you could hear us scream 'together we live together we walk together we stand divided we fall when you are weak i will be strong when i fall down won't you pull me along?' It's life together i'll stick with you thru any kind of weather."  As a friend i will always strive to give the people in my life the best i can.  i will fail and might hurt you i simply ask you to forgive me i pray you will pick me up and i'll do the same for you.  i will be the best listener and support i can be.  i'm learning slowly to shut up.  The people who are my friends make me feel honored, proud, and blessed to have them in my life.  I didn't choose all of them some chose me for unknown reasons.  some i know better than others  I would fight for them all.  if they have a problem i will gladly help.  I only hope in some small way i bless you life as you have so richly blessed mine  my friends are a gift i should  strive to never hurt or take advantage of.   

No comments:

Post a Comment