Monday, September 1, 2014

Apples to oranges or Apples to Colossians

A few years back relationship wise i was dealt a devastating blow.  My mind and heart only wanted to dwell on the pain and the hurt.  I had a friend at the time who is also a writer and he told me to take out my notebook and start listing all the things i had to be thankful for.  There's an old hymn that reminds us to do the same thing.  You will probably  start singing it mentally in a second.  "When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed.  When you are discouraged thinking all is lost.  Count your many blessings name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord hath done."  Friday night i was on my last break at work and i was in the break room alone.  I just started praying and thanking God for thin gs he has been doing in my life.  I bit into a crisp Fuji apple and for the first time in 38 yrs I thanked God for apples.  I was truly thankful for the amazing fruit he created.  Then I came accross Colossians 4:2.  "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart."  
I don't know what's going on with you lately but if you find you're in need of some encouragement stop what you're doing and start thanking God for all he has done for you.  When;s the last time you thanked God for an apple?  

Give thanks by Mylon Lefevre and 4 Him GIVE THANKS **Classic Hymns**


Count your blessing by Guy Penrod Count Your Blessings - Guy Penrod Hymns (w/Lyrics)


10,000 Reasons by Jesus Culture Kim Walker-Smith - 10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)


No comments:

Post a Comment