Monday, August 25, 2014

Colossians 3:1-2

if this seems as if in the past tense i was getting this ready on Friday and Saturday.

This afternoon I took my dog Mara for a walk and as always I took my mp3 player.  As we walked i listened to a mix of Christmas music, praise choruses and hymns.  I suddenly found myself singing out loud right there in Evelyn Price's Park praising God.  Later I came to work and as far as customers go I have been yelled at, cussed out, called ma'am, and had people constantly want to argue when all i was trying to do was help them.  At the end of my shift i was pretty frustrated.  Then God brought my attention to these verses.  I needed to slow down.  Are you ready for these verses because i can tell you i wasn't but i needed them.  

1-2.  "Since you have been raised to new life with Christ set your sights on the realities of Heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand.  Think about the things of Heaven not the things of earth."  

See a lot of times we don't think about the "realities of Heaven."  Now let's look at some other verses it brought to mind for me.  See in the verses we read above we are reminded that Christ is in Heaven in the place of honor at God's right hand.  As a follower of God we need to fix our eyes on the things of God and heaven because of Ephesians 2:6.  "For He raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.  Our eyes and thoughts need to be fixed on God so Jesus can do the next few things.  When i started the Batcave Blog one of the first things I learned and taught on was Psalms 3:3.  "But you, O Lord are a shield around me, you are my glory the one who holds my head high."  See something happens when you're struggling and having a bad time and you fix your eyes on God.  He gently puts his hand under your chin lifts your head and has you look into the face of the Prince of Peace.  That's when one of the other changes described in the song How He Loves takes place.  "When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,"  Then you get taught another lesson found in Psalms 23:2-3 "He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.  "  A lot of times mentally and emotionally we need our strength and our souls refreshed.  Fix your thoughts on God think on these things.  

Heaven of my heart by Whiteheart White Heart - Heaven Of My Heart .  

 
 
image
 
 
 
 
 
Preview by Yahoo
 

Think on these things by Petra Petra - Think On These Things 

 
 
image
 
 
 
 
 
Preview by Yahoo
 

directly from Psalms 3:3 Ashield about me by Zoe Group Zoe Group - A Shield About Me

 
 
image
 
 
 
 
 
Preview by Yahoo
 

How He loves by Kim Walker Smith How He Loves Us - Kim Walker, Jesus Culture


Healer by Kari Jobe Kari Jobe - Healer LIVE 



No comments:

Post a Comment