Monday, September 29, 2014

1 Thessalonians 5:23-28

There's a prayer i often pray for my wife and myself along with my friends.  I found something very similar to this prayer in some of the final words of this book as written by the Apostle Paul.  My prayer is usually this I ask that God would make Marion and I into the family he wants us to be and that i would be the man of God and her the woman of God that he desires.  I also ask he would do the same with my friends.  Like i said last week if our goal is not to please God then we're just wasting our lives.  Let's look at God's word.  


23.  "Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again."  Holy and blameless these are things God wants from me and you and only He can make them happen.  
24.  "God will make this happen for he who calls you is faithful."  That is assurance and hope.
25.  "Dear brothers and sisters pray for us."  I can assure you any teacher of God's word needs people lifting them up in prayer.  There's this lady at Real Life Corpus named Ms. Beatty who walks through each row of chairs at church each Sunday praying for the leaders and the people about to walk through the doors.  God answers those prayers.
26.  "Greet all the brothers and sisters with Christian love."  I'm a member of Real Life Corpus and an honorary member of Lakeview Baptist and I will tell you this both of these churches greet you with love.  I have been to some churches where they do not and it makes a difference.  
27.  "I command you in the name of the Lord to read this letter to all the brothers and sisters."  Read God's word aloud to others.  
28.  "May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.  


Light of your face by Misty Edwards Onething 2010 - Misty Edwards - Light of Your Face 1  


I will call upon the Lord/ Praying man by Petra Petra - I Will Call Upon the Lord/Praying Man


Omega by Rebecca St. James  OMEGA / REBECCA ST. JAMES

 
 
image
 
 
 
 
 
Preview by Yahoo
 

Exodus(Faithful) Bethany Dillon  Bethany Dillon Exodus (Faithful)


on a side note i was having a little struggle with the music for this and i started praying about it and i started this study on Friday and God has provided a different song almost each day.  it's been really awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment