Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Psalms 139

Psalms 139
 
We have an enemy as Christians I don't know if you knew that.  His name is Satan and Jesus called him exactly what he is the father of lies.  It all started in the Garden of Eden when he twisted God's own words to deceive Adam and Eve.  I need this bible study as much as you do.  This is the part where I get real, raw and honest with all of you.  I'm not perfect I never claimed to be I make mistakes.  I've believed the lies.  I'm going to let you in on the biggest lie that I seem to get bombarded with.  "Zac you're a failure."  It doesn't matter if it's at being a man, husband, friend, csr(customer service rep) or whatever.  Satan wants me to believe I'm a failure and I have to remind him who my God is and how he sees me.  Psalms 139 is a beautiful picture of God's love.  People who know me know that I hate the fashion world with a passion.  I've seen thru the biggest lie in advertisement.  It's an attack on contentment and how we see ourselves.  Geoff Moore called it the I love you ifs.  if you perform if you do what I want you to if you look and act a certain way then you will be loved and your life will be complete with their products.  It's all based on conditions.  Like my friend Sandra James would saw in her wonderful Cajun accent "Lies and garbage just lies and garbage."  That's exactly what the fashion and advertisement world is full of.  you'll get the hot guy or girl or you'll fit in when you have their product don't buy into it.  Wake up it's another one of Satan's lies.  Think about the old hymn "It is well with my soul".  "Though Satan should buffet tho trials should come let this blessed assurance control that Christ has regarded my helpless estate and has shed his own blood for my soul.  It is well it is well it is well with my soul.    Philippians 4:11 refers to Paul learning to be content with whatever he has.  Join me in looking at Psalms 139 to see how God sees us.  Do you want to know why you want God's perspective and not Satan's I'll show you.  Satan comes to steal kill and destroy.  Here is God's plan in Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans I have for you."  says the Lord.  "They are plans for good , and not for disaster.  To give you a future and a hope."  You matter to God You matter so much he sent his son to die for your sins because the very God who created you wants a relationship with you and me.  
 
Psalms 139
 
 
1.  "O Lord you have examined my heart and know everything about me."  Singer Degarmo and Key summed this up well "There is an eye in the sky, that sees in the darkness
He searches the soul and He pierces the conscience"  God sees every part of you not Santa Claus. 
2-6.  How much does God see and know about you?  All of it.  All means all!.  No not All like the detergent I mean all like everything.  Now keep up with me here it's like the Psalmist said in vs 6 this is wonderful stuff. 
7-12.  You can't hide from God he sees you wherever you are.  If he weren't able to do all that it would limit his sovereignty. 
13-16.  God saw and made you before you were born.  people want to kill children in the womb but God's still forming them.  My Wife Marion was at least 3 months premature and due to possibly be born with disabilities Natt her mom had been urged to have an abortion and be prepared for the child to die even if she didn't do so.  31 yrs later I have a wife I love dearly and the doctors were wrong.  My wife may have spina bifida she may need the aid of hearing aids glasses and leg braces but she is exactly the woman God has designed to be in my life.  God created Marion, you and me from before the womb.  you and I are not mistakes and failures.  God knows what he's doing.  Don't just let this be head knowledge let it sink into your heart.  you matter God created you and he loves you. 
17-18.  God thinks about you and if you have accepted him as Lord and Savior of you life he becomes your Emmanuel meaning God is with us. 
19-22.  The Psalmist is upset with the wicked we all have these days and moments. 
21-24.  Now he's asking God to cleanse him and keep his path straight. 
 
This song is a reminder to keep our eyes fixed on God.  Hold On By Twila Paris http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl1a3ie7xNc
 
this song speaks to me on the worst of days.  In Heaven's eye by Sandi Patti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=389e0aLJJzU
 
This is Psalms 139 put to music.  Psalms 139 by Rebecca St James http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlbJKbCn54
 
Here's Hope.  Not with Jesus by Cheri Keaggy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKN8YQ5kgtM
 
in light of Psalms 139 I want you to realize God created you and you are a Masterpiece.  This song was written for Sandi Patti's young daughter but we all need to hear this.  Masterpiece by Sandi Patti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY0JMB4MqWM
 
This last song is attention getting and fun.  I think the person who did the video really did it well.  Treasure of You by Steven Curtis Chapman  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gytqiW2rHw
 

No comments:

Post a Comment