Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Psalm 142


Sorry if the blog was delayed a little I typed the e-mail version and got hungry so I had lunch before posting this.   
I have been having a rough go of things lately as some of you know. I find a lot of my prayers pouring out of me with tears and frustration.  This past week I shared something on face book.  Several years ago I took classes at the Baptist Learning Center in Corpus in hopes of being a Christian counselor for youth.  As Marion and I sat at Orange Creations in Sunrise mall I was remembering those days and how I often ate at that exact same place.  Years later I find myself doing an online bible study.  The concept is so weird it doesn't make sense but God is using it to change people.  That's God at work not me.  I see also a lot of the very unpleasant things God has brought me thru to help me better understand David the Psalmist.  Pastor Greg once told me "You get David's heart you understand his brokenness."  I'm nothing special my goofy dream of being a superhero is just a fantasy.  As I said things have been rough.  Greg reminded me Sunday of Philippians 4:8 read it you need it as much as I do no matter what you're going thru.  Marion has not refrained from telling me she loves me and praying for me.  My friends David and Xiomara have both been praying and encouraging me.  Sunday night my friend Clyde prayed for me outside of work.  my focus has been on the storm I need the God who controls the storm to be my Prince of Peace.  I'm not the only one you need this too. 
 
Psalms 142
 
1.  "I cry to the Lord, I plead for the Lord's mercy."  Casting Crowns has a song called Mercy and the chorus is so simple yet so true.  "Your mercy saved me your mercy made me whole your mercy found me called me as your own."  We depend so much on God's mercy we don't even see how much God does that we overlook. 
2.  "I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles."  You know what we can do that.  Read 1 Peter 5:7
3.  Verse 3 uses the word overwhelmed I think that's a funny word.  calm down I get what the verse is saying.  I was watching Young Justice and Robin the Boy Wonder said this.  "Overwhelmed .  Why is it always overwhelmed or underwhelmed why is no one ever just whelmed anymore?"  David answers this because his enemies set traps for him. 
4.  Been there done that got the ignore the hurting person merit badge many times over. 
5-7 Seek God he is your refuge and should always be all you really want.  Let him fight for you.  Like Petra put it.  "Take me back to the Rock that is higher than I Take me to the Well that will never run dry." 
 
Sunday night I was stuggling going to sleep I was frustrated and hurting I was crying.  I started singing How Great is the Love by Meredith Andrews and I just passed out comforted in God's love for me. 
 
the title of this song says it all.  He will look after you--Cheri Keaggy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGCcJgU-FU
 
for those who know me really well I hate being on boats I don't know why they just terrify me.  think of this in light of Jesus calming the storm for his disciples.  The Anchor Holds by Ray Boltz  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSAc5Z2lprk (Preview)
 
Let the utter dependence on God in this song be your hearts cry.  Mercy by Casting Crowns  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAgOXPO-5Os
 
These are 2 old hymns that are so extremely powerful.  Be still my soul/What a friend we have in Jesus by Selah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaisLDzJJrQ (Preview)
 
An old but good reminder of God's love.  We are the Reason- By David Meece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmXkT4oaozs (Preview)
 
I don't know what problems you may have going on in your life but you need to remember the words of this song in fact thru the pain let it be your battle cry.  "Stronger- Hillsong United.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7YdtfjMAIc (Preview)     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment