Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Psalms 138 the Attitude Adjustment

I had 2 bible studies I was going to send as one but I figured I'd give them their own email and blog to stand in.  I had this ready for about a week and mine and Marion's world has been utter chaos.  it's day 24 and I'm still waiting for my schedule change request to go thru so please keep praying.  on a note of praise I had asked you all to be praying for God to provide Christian friends for Marion and I to spend time with.  one of the couples who is part of this little bible study stepped up after reading that request and invited us out to eat.  Jason and Rebecca Rodriguez just blew us away by doing that.  Rebecca and Marion have even become workout buddies.  Also Xiomara Pena or Mara(no my dog Mara was not named after her) for short also told us she was praying and offered to spend time with us.  we also have had a family the Thompsons who each Sunday go out of their way to come talk to us.  The mom Alisha has been a faithful reader of the online blog and I never knew it.  She's the one who told me about being able to view it as a google feed.  anywho onto the Bible study. 

Psalms 138

Philippians 4:4 says to "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice."  That's not always the easiest command to follow.  I'm going to let you in on a secret though when you're praising God it's hard to stay mad or depressed why because your focus is of you and on God.  Almost constantly Marion and I will have music on in the car one of her most beautiful traits is to see her praising God and doing sign language.  A lot of times I'm not singing  I guess I'm stressed or focused on driving. but her singing will make me start.  She fixes my eyes back on God and hope.  We are both huge wrestling fans there's a WWE Superstar called John Cena for those living under a rock.  as of a month ago he lost the WWE title so he's a bit of a big deal.  His finishing move is called "The Attitude Adjustment."  Psalms 138 is about to deliver an Attitude Adjustment to us.

1.  "I give thanks O Lord, with all my heart, I will sing your praises before the gods."  The focus starts on the speaker and suddenly it's on God where it should be. 
2.  I love that last part of the verse "By all the honor of your name."
3.  "As soon as I pray, you answer me, you encourage me by giving me strength."  He doesn't always answer the way we think he will but when you have prayed do you ever notice the peace of leaving things in God's hands.
4.  All kings will thank God and hear his words.  "until the whole world hears Lord we are calling out your name."
5.  Sing about the Lord's ways for He is great.  
6.  Be Humble God loves you and you don't deserve it.  
7-8.  That's hope in those two verses.


Songs for you to bring praise to God 

You are my King by Newsboys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndB4cTN9mHM
Amazing Grace(my chains are gone) by Chris Tomlin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkAZteruVAw
Because you are-Point of Grace http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8EjTOv9vVM  best line in this whole song to me is referring to Christ's sacrifice they say "The blood on my hands is what washes me clean" because it was yours and my sin the Christ died for. 
Your Name by Phillips, Craig and Dean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzviEHyIggI

No comments:

Post a Comment