Sunday, July 7, 2013

All will be well


Psalms 124-125'
 
    On more than one occasion I have quoted the phrase "All will be well."  It is a mantra of the Blue Lanterns.  See Blue represents hope in the emotional spectrum of the Green Lantern comics.  Some of you may find it weird that I'm using this as an illustration but hear me out I have a point.  When a person becomes a Christian and decides to follow God all your troubles don't go away.  In fact it's more like Satan is like Admiral Piett on Return of the Jedi and he has just yelled "Intensify all firepower".  Congratulations you chose to follow God oh and by the way you're in a battle as of NOW!!!!!  John 16:33 says this "I have told you this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows but take heart because I have overcome the world."  I told you at the beginning "All will be well" why because there is hope and peace in Christ.  At the worst times we can say "It is well it is well it is well with my soul."  Take heart!
 
Psalms 124
 
1-5.  "what if the Lord had not been on our side?"  The results would be scary indeed.
6-8.  Freedom, broken traps, help from our Creator things are starting to look up now that God is on our side and our eyes are fixed on Him.  
 
Psalms 125
 
1-2.  My wife has turned me into a Duck Dynasty fan and when I read these 2 verses I can hear Si in my head saying "Hey now look here Jack those who trust in the Lord they're more secure than anything on this planet and that's a fact Jack!"  
3.  God will one day eliminate the wicked for the sake of good people to keep them from doing evil.  I've seen a lot of evil by people like 9/11, child abuse, rape, and anything else on the news today.  I'll be happy when that is gone.  
4.  I love the phrase in this verse "Whose hearts are in tune with you."  David was referred to by God as being a man after God's own heart.  Often I will pray asking God to make it where Zac is not seen but only God living thru me.  
5.  This is a cry for longing and peace.  
 
When I was getting this bible study ready I read this verse while reading Fearless by Max Lucado that seemed to go well with all of this.  2 Corinthians 4:17 "These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make our troubles seem like nothing."   
 
This is our hope in Christ.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDV9VEdBfIM All will fade away by Meredith Andrews, this is an old but true hymn.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPMCp25X0jA It is well with my soul by Rebecca St. James, There's a story behind this next song.  about 2 yrs ago I suffered one of the worst breakups ever and shortly after that my grandma passed away.  I was standing at church at Real Life Fellowship.  my heart broke when I heard this and God used it to reassure me how much he loved me.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKeeH4yB0wI this is By your Side by Tenth Avenue North. 
 
Another Reminder that God is on your side http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKyCeAc9A-I You will never walk alone by point of grace.  Our time here on earth is temporary.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vmcEQz1ny4 That's When I'll know I'm home by Geoff Moore and the Distance  Remember our Prince of Peace has Overcome  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8AB0vUU038 Overcome by Jeremy Camp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment