Sunday, June 30, 2013

Psalms 123

  Dependence or better yet dependent those are words this chapter made me think of when I read it.  Our dog Mara is dependent on Marion and I for love, affection, comfort, and food.  Mara is also dependent on us to be kind to her.  In Genesis chapter 1 we have a record of creation by God.  No matter who you are believer or unbeliever you're dependent on God whether you admit it or not.  If you don't believe me hold your breath for longer than a minute.  Try it.  Do you know why you're dependent on God and how I just proved it?  One word: Oxygen.  God didn't have to give it to you when you started breathing again. There was however oxygen available as a gift a display of God's "mercy".  Mercy pay attention to that word as you'll see it more.  

1. "I lift my eyes to you, O God, enthroned in heaven."  This verse reminds me of a few things.  God's still on his throne and He's in control.  My dad once told me this fun fact.  these are the three fundamentals of life.  1.  There is a God!  2.  You are not Him!  3.  There is no vacancy!  In the words of Si from Duck Dynasty "And that's a fact Jack!"
2.  Who do we look to for mercy?  we look to God!
3-4.  we appeal to God for mercy because he has proven to be merciful daily and all thru his word.  Look around you the fact that you can breathe and see the beauty around you that is mercy at work.  

You can depend on God for mercy

Let this song remind you of God our King.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31xJ0qd1WJU This is Mercy by Casting Crowns.  Ask God for his mercy in your life.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjPrIVKlvsM  This is Lord Have Mercy by Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant.  No matter what happens no matter where you are or what you do remember the words of this song straight from the Psalms because with God all things are possible.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEEfysu8oVY  This is Amy Grant's version of the late Rich Mullin's song Nothing is Beyond you.  the reason I said it that way is I get bugged when people credit the wrong artist.  lol sorry just a Zac thing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment