Sunday, June 9, 2013

Psalms 119:161-176

Last week I was given an option as most life groups were coming to an end and then restarting again later.  I chose to keep this going you see my dad had told Marion and I during pre-marital counseling we were on the right track by studying God's word together.  I want to stay on that path with my wife and to you who read the blog and e-mail if God uses this to change the lives of even one person it will not have been done in vain.  I hope all of you are like me and choose to continue the mission God has called us to.  I have to be honest 2 yrs ago when this bible study started it didn't make sense and it didn't seem to be something any church would let happen.  it started with friends encouraging me to write fictional stories.  somewhere along the way people started saying it was good. then it turned into a bible study for people who worked nights meeting at Denny's. then when no one was signing up for a bible study at midnight it seemed God was turning this into a e-mail and blog version of a bible study.  my ability to write and convey thoughts is a gift from God alone.  when He provides the words for bible study only then do I start getting it ready I never want Zac to have any importance. 

161.  "Powerful people harass me without cause, but my heart trembles only at your word."  With the past few weeks I've been having at my job I can totally relate to this.  I keep finding myself asking God to restore me physically and emotionally because I been so incredibly drained. 
162.  "I rejoice in your word like one who discovers a great treasure."  God's word is, has been, and will always be a great treasure.  It always changes lives.
163.  It says he hates and abhors falsehood.  Falsehood is straight from the devil.  But the psalmist loves God's instructions.  Christian singers DeGarmo and Key put it simply "God good Devil bad.  It's an elemental truth, this law of the land, God good Devil bad and every child on earth has got to understand God good Devil bad." 
164-168.  We praise God many times a day for he has given us just regulations, rest, rescue, peace.  God sees all we do and loves us still. 
169-170.  He asks God for a discerning mind, rescue, and that his prayer be heard. 
171-172.  Do songs of praise flow from your heart to God?  There's a song by Misty Edwards and the beginning of it she addresses God and this just blows me away.  "I don't want to talk about you like you're not in the room.  I want to look right at you I want to sing right to you."  God is present and he longs for the praises of his people. 
173-176.  He keeps returning to God's commands as we should. 

This is Dove's Eyes by Misty Edwards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx3uo_aQo0E  It's a simple truth but sometimes we need a reminder and need to be blown away once more by the fact that God loves us.  it's easy to say but sometimes I fear we hear it so much we lose the wonder of Romans 5:8 "in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us."  don't know what kind of week you've had but you need to be reminded God loves you and He is for you.  This You love me and Jesus loves me by Sandi Patti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZMRNddMQK0  in the words of Isaiah say to God "Here I am Lord send me."  This is Here I am by Rebecca St James http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDk77SXRjOc  A theologian once said "The chief end of man is to glorify God in our mortal bodies."  This is Made to worship by Chris Tomlin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8KIQTc4L-8  Praise your King.  This is Enough and No one like you by Barlow Girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-Jhvxl_N0 

No comments:

Post a Comment