Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Hold

 

Hold

 

Some of you know me to be a pro wrestling fan now this blog is going to be about holding.  This will not be a blog about knowing your wrestling holds because there are some people who don’t know the difference between a “wrist lock and a wristwatch.”  Also, this will not be a blog about no holds barred matches or the movie by the same name with Hulk Hogan.  To further clarify this will not be a blog about the song Hold on by Wilson Phillips.  So now that we have all that cleared up let’s get to the actual blog about Holding On.  

 

A few days I was driving home listening to a song and yes I occasionally talk out loud when I’m the only person in the car.  I actually said out loud “That right there that’ll blog.”  My brain works like that.  You and I we’re meant to hold on to certain things and let other’s go.  One of the greater video games made over the last few years in my opinion was Justice League Heroes for the PS2 and Ron Pearlman voices Batman.  He has a line that pertains to where I’m going with this blog.  “In order to pick something up you have to put something down.”  We’re all holding on to stuff.  Some of it’s good and some isn’t.  Twila Paris and I are about to take you on a journey.  

 

"Hold On"

Every little baby comes into the world
Reaching for an anchor, fingers tightly curled
Grasping for a reason without knowing why
We will cling to anything 'til the day we die

We can hold on to sorrow, hold on to pain
We can hold on to anger when there is nothing to be gained
We can hold to a thread at the end of a rope
But if we hold on to Jesus we are holding on to hope
Hold on, hold on

This is human nature; this is what He planned
When He put our hearts inside, when He made these hands
We are here to reach for Him, never letting go
This is all we need to have, all we need to know

We can hold on to money, hold on to fame
We can hold on to glory and the honor of a name
We can hold to a thread at the end of a rope
But if we hold on to Jesus we are holding on to hope
Hold on, hold on

 

Psalm 139: 13-18

“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous— how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.  How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.  They cannot be numbered!  I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!  And when I wake up you are still with me.”  

 

God has plans for you and me before we were even born but he gives us the choice to turn to him.  

 

Psalm 73:28

 

“But as for me, how good it is to be near God!  I have made the sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.”  

 

 

Hold On by Twila Paris

He sends his love by Point of Grace

That’s what matters by Rebecca St James 

Chasing after by Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment