Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Changes

 

Changes

 

I hate change.  My family and my wife will be the first to verify that.  I like consistency in my schedule my work and my life.  But here’s a fact when you become a Christian and start following God his plan is not to leave you the way you are.  He has plans to shape, mold, and change you.  The person you interact with Zac the guy writing this blog and doing it as a video on Facebook.  He’s a mess.  I am a terrible mess of a person.  I need God to change me and so do you.  I can tell you the other night Marion and I were fighting about stupid stuff.  I had to pull myself away from being part of the problem and I started praying in my frustration asking God to fix our communication and if I was part of the problem, please shut me up.  We as humans are a mess.  I don’t want God to stop working on me.

 

Romans 5:1-5 show us those changes taking place.  

 

“Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.  We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.   And this hope will not lead to disappointment.  For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”  

 

If you claim to be a follower of Christ and God is not making changes in you as a person you need to step back and seek God and make sure your heart is aligned with his Word and actually following Him. 

 

By your side by Tenth Avenue North

Mercy by Casting Crowns

Destiny by Twila Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment