Monday, October 4, 2021

The Fix

 

The Fix

 

I’ve mentioned this a few times, but it bears repeating.  When I was younger my dad signed my sister and I up for motorcycle safety courses.  I still have my motorcycle license just no bike.  The instructor said something that has stuck with me for years because it applies in a lot of areas of life.  Let me first explain because most of you drive trucks or cars and that’s different from a motorcycle.  See in a truck or car you have the view of the windshield.  For a motorcycle you have more.  Lots more!  What he said was this “Where you look is where you will go.”  See to turn a motorcycle you lean to that side.  The more you look in that direction you will notice your body start to lean.  

 

In Proverbs 4 we find directions for life that apply this principle.  

 

Proverbs 4:25-27

 

“Look straight ahead and fix your eyes on what lies before you.  Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path.  Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.”

 

Hebrews 12:1-2

 

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up.  And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.  We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.  Because of the joy awaiting him , he endured the cross, disregarding its shame.  Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.”  

 

Where you look is where you go.  Fix your eyes on Jesus!  When we look away and seek things other than what God calls us to do that’s when we sin.  I know this because it happens to me.  

 

 

 

Weak days by Steven Curtis Chapman

Follow you by Geoff Moore and the Distance 

Shadow of your wings by Darlene Zschech

 

No comments:

Post a Comment