Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Commit

 

Commit

 

There’s a place in the Batman universe called Arkham Asylum where the mentally unstable people wind up.  I’m here to tell you that some of you need to be committed.  No, not because you might be unstable. Well who knows maybe you are.  I know sometimes I’m a few French fries short of a Happy Meal.  You need to commit your life to God and your ways and actions.  I’m struggling with things that are stressing me out and I have to commit to seeking God with problems that are bigger than me.  

 

This is what I mean by you need to be committed.  

 

Proverbs 16:3

 

“Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.”

 

Psalm 37:5

 

“Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust Him, and he will help you.”

 

Psalm 37:23-24

 

“The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives.  Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.”  

 

Did you catch that?  When you commit your actions to God and follow Him, He delights in the details of your life.  Some of us need to be reminded that God can delight in us.  

 

You need to be committed!  

 

 

I commit by Margaret Becker 

For the Sake of the call by Steven Curtis Chapman 

Committed to the call by Kim Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment