Monday, July 5, 2021

Your Comfort

 Your comfort 


I’ve been in work situations where people have said things really bad about me as a person.  I’ve even gone to work and each time I went it felt like spiritual warfare was taking place at that work site.  I’ve had things happen that caused me to often seek God.  Those that know me well know me to be a huge comic book fan and these verses I’m about share talk about God defending his people and I love that. There have been times I know God has fought on my behalf.

Psalm 94:16-19

“Who will protect me from the wicked?  Who will stand up for me against evildoers?  Unless the Lord had helped me, I would soon have settled in the silence of the grave.  I cried out ‘I am slipping!’  But your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.    When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.”  

The psalmist had a problem.  Did you notice where he got help and comfort?  It wasn’t from drugs, alcohol, or another person.  It was hope and comfort he got from God’s unfailing love!  The passage was written many years before Jesus told the disciples that he would leave them with the Holy Spirit who is also called the Comforter.  This is a blog that has always pointed to Hope found in God’s Word.  I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it one of the most important verses in the Bible is 1 Peter 5:8

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” 

Next I want to share some song lyrics from Cheri Keaggy and Addison Road that are helpful too.  

“Cause there’s a source of help
 in every need 
There’s a place to dwell
Down on your knees
And if I could tell you how to find peace
You’ve got to lay it down.”

“Everything rides on Hope now 
Everything rides on faith somehow 
When the world has broken me down 
Your love sets me free!”  

If you need hope, verses 18 and 19 are why you’re reading this blog or watching it as a video.  Every single one of us on this planet needs God.  

“I cried out, ‘I am slipping!’  But your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.  When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me hope and cheer.”  

We’re all slipping! Where are you reaching out to for Hope?  God still offers it if you seek him!  







No comments:

Post a Comment