Monday, July 19, 2021

Enough?

 

Enough?

 

Every day we wake up God has provided a sun and moon and the world around us and the very air we breathe.  We take it for granted.  I know this because I’m guilty of it.  I complain way too much.  There’s two questions asked in the passage I’m going to share with you.   Questions that bear pondering.  

 

Psalm 106: 1-5

 

“Praise the Lord!

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!

His faithful love endures forever.

Who can list the glorious miracles of the Lord?  

Who can ever praise Him enough?  

There is joy for those who deal justly with others and always do what is right.  

 

Remember me, Lord when you show favor to your people; 

Come near and rescue me.   

Let me share in the prosperity of your chosen ones.  

Let me rejoice in the joy of your people; let me praise you with those who are your heritage.”  

 

With all God does each day with creation alone we can’t list all his miracles.  We definitely don’t praise him enough.  I’ve said it before and I will again.  Praising God is a perspective shift.  It gets us off our negative thoughts and on the positive things God does.  I mention often that the blog is designed backwards to a church service because I give you the message first and links to the music last.  That’s because I feel a lot of church services neglect giving the participants a chance to praise God after hearing good news.  

 

Lamentations 3:22-23

 

“The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.”

 

Be thankful!  

 

“Praise Him in the morning

For tall and lofty trees

And praise Him in the evening

For children on their knees

Oh and praise Him in the noon day

For gentle birds that sing

Oh praise Him all ye people

Praise the King

 

And praise Him for a peaceful porch

And rocking chairs that sway

Praise Him for the rolling hills

Where children laugh and play

Oh and praise Him for the wandering soul

That never lost their way

Oh praise Him all ye people

Praise the King

 

And praise Him for the blood that fell

And bloomed a rose that day

And praise Him that He suffered through the guilt, the grief, the shame

Oh and praise Him that His tender love will still forgive today

Oh praise Him all ye people praise the King”

 

 

 

Praise the Lord by the Imperials

Made me glad by Sandi Patty 

Praises forevermore by Point ofGrace 

Praises by Newsboys 

Praise the name of Jesus 

Praise the King by Cindy Morgan

Evidence of God by Geoff Moore and theDistance 

No comments:

Post a Comment