Monday, July 26, 2021

The Doubt

 

The Doubt 

 

For 9 years I’ve been doing the Batcave blog in one form or another.  It doesn’t belong to me it belongs to God.  See Thursday night I was sent a video by my friend Jeanne and in it this guy talked about the struggle to continue doing his Bible study videos on YouTube.  He mentioned how he almost quit so many times.  I can relate to his struggle and doubts about continuing.  See I have a goal about keeping this blog with a mission for people to find hope in God’s Word and a prayer that they are drawn closer to God.  God calls Christians to go.  Each of them shares in different ways.  I never started out wanting to blog.  I had every intention for something simple.  I wanted to have a small group Bible study for people like me who worked nights.   I had three people who encouraged me to start and one of them was my Dad.   I very awkwardly advertised it at church with a video of me holding Alex Ross’s, Justice version of Batgirl.  I’m specific about that for this reason I use comic book related things in the blog.   I also talk about video games, cartoons, movies, and pro wrestling just whatever it takes to get the point across and point people to God.  I never aspired to be a teacher.  If asked I still don’t think I’m the type of leader that could lead and ant out of a paper bag.     So, I met with a couple for about a year at Denny’s at midnight.  We ate and studied the book of Psalms.  Through events only God could make happen my friend Rebecca came to me, and she was the life group leader at the time.  She said I think it is time you went online with this.  I had been emailing it to a friend but never as widespread as it has become.  No one had signed up to meet in person except for Marion, my now wife.   So, I started writing and emailing it to family and friends and people from church who signed up.  Marion can tell you there are so many times over the last nine years I have considered just quitting.  I’ve wanted to walk away.  I take breaks maybe once or twice a year.  I rarely get feedback in emails.  I don’t know who reads it.  My church has so often acted like I don’t even lead a group because I can’t take attendance.  It’s online it’s not possible.  If I took any kind of attendance, I would actually feel like I was trying to get some form of pride out of doing it.  I’ve become my own advertiser because the church again thinks the group doesn’t exist.  I’m not even complaining I’ve just accepted it. I send it to about 120 people via email and I know of maybe a handful that do read it.  I share the written portion on Facebook.  One person saw my advertisement and said they didn’t bother reading it because they thought I was just talking about comic books.  Like I said I’ve thought of giving up a lot.  It’s been a blog designed for all but not all understand.  I share scripture and music and observations.  As of two years ago I started also doing it as a Facebook live video.  That is so scary.  I took a public speaking course in college.  Had to give a five-minute speech.  For two minutes I breathed.  But guess what when I put my reading glasses on, I can’t see those in the crowd.  I found that out reading a poem I wrote at my Paw Paw’s funeral.  Recently I did a video and was attacked by someone.  It hurt.  Like I said earlier God has Christians sharing his Word in different ways.  But this blog is about being real and honest.  If you watch it or read it, I am sharing this personal side to let you know I know what it’s like to almost give up.  I’m here to encourage you not to!  It’s not easy to have something to say every week.  I struggle and one of the biggest lies the devil tries to throw at me is to get me to believe I’m a failure.

 

I will tell you every time I have nearly stopped doing this blog God always sends someone with an email, or words of encouragement or something to remind me to keep going.  I don’t know what God has you doing as far as sharing his love and his word but I’m here telling you don’t give up!  You can take breaks or a refresher but don’t quit.  We live in a hurting world that needs hope and Hope that can only be found in Jesus Christ.    So, I’m going to share some verses that have helped me keep going.  

 

Galatians 6:9-10

“So, let’s not get tired of doing what is good.  At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.  Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone— especially to those in the family of faith.”   

 

God has given us all gifts to use mine is to encourage and share hope and I do so in a way that doesn’t always make sense.  Online Bible study blog that you don’t know when it will be read or watched.  It doesn’t make any logical sense but I know God uses it.  How do I know that because people respond.  Another way I know is this.  It’s a promise of God.  

 

Isaiah 55:8-11

“‘My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,’ says the Lord.  ‘And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.  For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your thoughts.  The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth.  They cause the grain to grow.  Producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.  It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.’”

 

This is another passage that has been so true with any work I’ve done on this blog.  

 

Ephesians 3:20 

“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works within us.”  

 

God has used it in ways I don’t even understand.

I continue to share God’s Word in ways that don’t always make sense because God takes care of the hard part which is changing people’s lives.  I’m a mess I need God to change me just as much as anyone else.  I will tell you often.  I’m the least important part of the blog.  I don’t want any importance.  I want God to be glorified.  But to do so I have to be willing to share.  If you share God’s Word in some way if you get anything from this don’t give up.  

 

Philippians 1:6 is our reason not to give up.     

 

“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He who began by Steve Green 

Keep breathing by Kerrie Roberts 

Never look back by DeGarmo and Key

Face the Nation by 4 Him

No comments:

Post a Comment