Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Horsepower

 

Horsepower

 

            Over the last few weeks strange things have happened in my life.  We moved into a new house and even crazier things happened with my job.  I’ve been praying a lot and have had a lot of stress.  I haven’t handled it all well.  I’ve been finding a lot of help in the Psalms.  Maybe like me your life is chaotic.  You, like me need to forsake horsepower.  May I direct you to Psalm 20:7

            “Some trust in chariots and some in horses but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.”

            I’ve said before that this blog is a mixture of Christian music and scripture.  This specific blog will mention verses and I will leave links to the music and if you ever wanted to memorize scripture the songs will help with that.  So if you click on the link in the comments you will access the written portion of the blog that contains the music links as well.  See Psalm 20:7 is the basis for the Steve Green song “We trust in the name of the Lord Our God”.  And the next verses in Proverbs are the basis for “Trust in the Lord” by Girls of Grace and Psalm 18 is a chapter that Clear has done a song called Wide Open Spaces about.  See the blog is very interactive if you choose to interact.  You get what you put into it.  The purpose is for the participant to draw closer to God and find Hope in his Word.

Proverbs 3:5-6

            “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight.”

Psalms 33:20-22

            “We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.  In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.  May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.”

Psalm 31:14-16

            “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me.  Let your face shine on your servant save me in your unfailing love.”

Psalm 18:19

            “He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me.”

Psalm 147:10-11

            “His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.” 

            “There is strength in the Name of the Lord, there is power in the name of the Lord, There is Hope in the name of the Lord.” 

 

 

 

Trust in the Lord by Girls of Grace

We trust in the name of the Lord by Steve Green

Hold me Jesus by Rich Mullins

In the name of the Lord by Sandi Patti

Wide Open Spaces by Clear

My life is in your hands by Kathy Trocolli

 

No comments:

Post a Comment